Date: 2/9/21 6:57 pm
From: Chrisand Lorelei <chrisandlorelei...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] 4 snowy plovers
I've had bad experiences with dog people, and think the most successful attempts have been to say that THESE birds are migrating birds, and if they get chased, they'll starve. Dog people don't mean to be cruel: they just know it's natural for dogs to chase birds. And they don't know more, and don't like to get scolded and threatened with not being able to take their dogs out for necessary excercise. Some, when they hear about birds trying to migrate and survive, do get a clue, and understand that letting their dogs run should not include letting them chase birds. Rules only work when people understand that the rules make sense. Best wishes for explaining, maybe one person at a time.