Date: 2/8/21 11:45 pm
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Common Merganser (1 report)
- Common Ground Dove (1 report)
- Chestnut-collared Longspur (1 report)
- Brewer's Sparrow (1 report)

Common Merganser (Mergus merganser) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Feb 08, 2021 08:59 by John Callender
- Cachuma Lake Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.9579144&<ll...>,-119.9579144
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Female."

Common Ground Dove (Columbina passerina) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Feb 08, 2021 14:06 by Liam Hampl
- Farren Rd., Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.9237752&<ll...>,-119.9237752
- Comments: "Possibly 2 birds. Small bird flying away from me at the end of the road by the gate. Rufous visible when flying. No photos. Light brown."

Chestnut-collared Longspur (Calcarius ornatus) (5) CONFIRMED
- Reported Feb 08, 2021 09:00 by Anonymous eBirder
- Cuyama Valley (SBA Co.), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.6431732&<ll...>,-119.6431732
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Minimum count"

Brewer's Sparrow (Spizella breweri) (4)
- Reported Feb 08, 2021 11:15 by Mark Holmgren
- 1103–1617 Foothill Rd, New Cuyama US-CA 34.89872, -119.61568, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.615679&<ll...>,-119.615679
- Comments: "Brief views of a block of 8 birds, 4 of which I saw well enough to identify them as Brewers Sparrows. Small, slim, very bland looking long tailed sparrow. Bold eyerings stood out, if anything can be said to stand out on this species. Very furtive, no photos possible."

View/Reply Online (#32018): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/32018
-=-=-
-=-=-
Group Owner: main+<owner...>