Date: 2/8/21 2:24 pm
From: Peter Schneekloth via groups.io <peterschneekloth...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Catway Road - No. Pygmy Owl, Fig Mtn Rd. Bald Eagle
With the heavy fog this morning a trip up the mountain made sense. On the way along Fig Mtn Rd near Midway School I had a perched Bald Eagle. I walked out Catway Rd to the head of Willow Springs Trail. It was not overly birdy but a Northern Pygmy Owl was heard calling fairly consistently for much of the walk. As it turned out the bird was perched close by the road and calling away when I finally reached that spot on the trail. Full ebird list follows and includes an audio of the Owl. A link to Bald Eagle photo follows as well. On the home front a Cassin's Finch was seen at feeders when I got home.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S80663755

Bald Eagle | peterschneekloth | Flickr ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/55934026@N05/50923095858/in/dateposted-public/ )

Peter Schneekloth
Buellton