Date: 2/6/21 11:42 pm From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...> Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:
- Common Ground Dove (1 report)
- Common Poorwill (1 report)
- Short-eared Owl (2 reports)
- Hammond's Flycatcher (1 report)
- Tropical Kingbird (1 report)
- Red Crossbill (1 report)
- Scott's Oriole (1 report)
Thank you for subscribing to the <daily> Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert.The report below shows observations of rare birds in Santa Barbara County. View or unsubscribe to this alert at https://ebird.org/alert/summary?sid=SN35915 NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated.
eBird encourages our users to bird safely, responsibly, and mindfully. Please follow the recommendations of your local health authorities and respect any active travel restrictions in your area. For more information visit: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Common Poorwill (Phalaenoptilus nuttallii) (1)
- Reported Feb 06, 2021 18:09 by Linus Blomqvist
- Figueroa Mountain Road, Los Olivos, California, US (34.722, -119.969), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.9688128&<ll...>,-119.9688128 - Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S80560799 - Comments: "Seen at dusk from the car. First seen sitting flush against the gravelly ground, big yellow eyes reflecting the headlights. Took off and flew around a bit and then landed again. Overall size similar to a Robin. Fairly sleek build, darkish gray/brown, didn't have the white primary patch or the long wings and very buoyant flight of a nighthawk. Flight was somewhat floppy."