Date: 2/6/21 8:03 am
From: David Levasheff <levaweb...>
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] Parking for birding at Goleta Slough, Area K
All,

Just an FYI. Within the last two years I parked at the T intersection
(well off the road) to the west of Mark's suggested spot and walked out
the road. I parked there because the road had not been mowed and the
weeds were pretty tall and stiff. When I was out around the bend to the
west, a UCSB police SUV came out and asked it that was my car parked
back at the intersection. I said yes and he said I can't park there. I
stated that I thought it was CA DFW property. He said it is but that
UCSB parking services has jurisdiction on parking on the property. He
added that he did not care if I parked there, but warned that if the
parking cops came by I would get ticketed.

David

On 02/05/2021 6:52 PM, Mark Holmgren wrote:
> As has been mentioned, to park on the UCSB campus one must have a
> permit.  However, there is legal parking a short block away.  This is
> on California Department of Fish and Wildlife property north of the
> UCSB Police station parking lot.
> Park here and walk to the Area K overlook:
> tinyurl.com/ewk25kxh <http://tinyurl.com/ewk25kxh>
>

> Mark Holmgren
> Santa Barbara

View/Reply Online (#32008): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/32008