Date: 2/6/21 7:33 am
From: Jamie Chavez via groups.io <almiyi...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Opportunity for Birders - Santa Barbara Wildlife Care Network
Group,

I received a request from Liora Bregman, Volunteer Coordinator with the Santa Barbara Wildlife Care Network to post information about a volunteer opportunity to help reunite displaced local birds back into their environment. If this sounds like something you might be interested in please email or call the SBWCN number in the message below. Do not reply to me or to the group. I have no additional information.

------------------------------

Santa Barbara Wildlife Care Network is looking for volunteers to help reunite healthy baby birds with their parents! During spring baby season, our limited staff is inundated with kidnapped healthy babies. This year, we want to double down on our efforts to reunite them with their parents. Before renesting any bird, we need to send someone to scout the area it was found in for healthy adults of the same species, presumably the parents. This would be the perfect volunteer opportunity for a birder who already has knowledge of local bird species. Additionally, all of this can be done while safely social distancing.

This reuniting committee will help keep more healthy baby birds in the wild with a better chance at adulthood. But to make it happen, we need dedicated, caring birders to identify birds on location. If you are interested in this opportunity or would like more information, please email <volunteer...> or call (805)681-1019

------------------------------

Thanks,

Jamie M. Chavez
Moderator