Date: 2/2/21 2:01 pm
From: Nico Stuurman <nico...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Yellow Rumped Warbler with finch-like upper mandible?
While enjoying the Tropical Kingbird at South Lake this morning, Stephen
(sp?) and I spotted a Yellow Rumped Warbler with a highly enlarged upper
mandible that made it look like a finch bill.  I am not sure whether
this was external material stuck on the bill (the bird was sooty as
well), or that it is a genetic variation (in which case it would be
quite interesting that this bird made it almost into the next season
already).  Curious to learn mode.  One photo attached, more in my ebird
list: https://ebird.org/checklist/S80320577

Best,

Nico