Date: 2/2/21 11:59 am
From: Florence Sanchez via groups.io <sanchezucsb11...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Red Crossbills continue
After missing them several times over the past few days, a small group showed up in the pines at Ortega Ridge and Ortega Ranch Road about 11 a.m. today.  They flew in from across the street and I spotted them just as they landed in a pine, so I'm not sure if there were 3 or 4 in the group.  A male cooperatively perched on top for several minutes, affording good looks at the dull red color and twisted bill.  I also got a good look at a female-type working a pine cone a little deeper in.  This in spite of tree trimmers working in that grove to remove a couple of dead tree limbs!
Florence Sanchez

View/Reply Online (#31983): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31983
-=-=-
-=-=-