Date: 2/1/21 3:00 pm
From: Brian Fitch <fogeggs...>
Subject: [SFBirds] R-n Grebe & T Kingbird
I spent quality time with a Red-necked Grebe at the Sutro Baths this
morning. It was fishing not far from the terrace north of the baths for
more than an hour of the time I spent seawatching.

At South Lake in GG Park, I ran into Bob Gunderson and we tried to find the
Tropical Kingbird discovered recently by Danial Scali, but we weren't able
to locate it. After moving on to North Lake, we met Randy Wardle (sp?),
who had seen the bird earlier and cued us in on to where it had been
lethargically hanging out while he watched it. We all went back to South
Lake and immediately found the kingbird out flycatching along the south
shore in good view.

Last week, on a neighborhood walk with my wife, we heard and then spotted a
Bewick's Wren along Buena Vista Ave East, at the condo complex and then
across the street in BV Park. I can't recall seeing the species in this
park before. Last year's Yellow-bellied Sapsucker remains missing from any
of his previous haunts.
Brian Fitch