Date: 1/29/21 1:06 pm
From: Linus Blomqvist <linus.blomqvist...>
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] Area K is back in business
Apologies for multiple emails on this subject, but several people have
asked me where Area K is so I thought I'd clarify. Area K is this hotspot
<https://ebird.org/hotspot/L337032>, and it's located just north of Mesa
Road, between Stadium and Ocean Road. There's a gap in the vegetation
around 34.420847, -119.850422 where you have a good overlook of the wetland
below. There's also a place to park on the south side of the road near that
spot. In the map below, I've circled what I understand to be Area K, and
put a cross where I usually park. The pin is where the overlook is.
Different parts of the wetland are visible from different spots along the
stretch of the road near that pin. A scope is helpful at this location but
the ducks are visible and identifiable with binoculars too.

______________
*Linus Blomqvist*

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 12:05 PM Linus Blomqvist <linus.blomqvist...>
wrote:

> Checklist from a more careful count this morning:
> https://ebird.org/checklist/S80077166
>
> Nearly 200 ducks of 8 species now although the shovelers from yesterday
> were gone. The Blue-winged Teals now number 18. Many of them were in the
> easternmost part and a little hard to see at first. I had 50 species in a
> bit over an hour so the birding is good there now.
>
> Linus
> ______________
> *Linus Blomqvist*
>

> On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 4:33 PM Linus Blomqvist <linus.blomqvist...>
> wrote:
>
>> Dry this morning, Goleta Slough Area K is now full of water and already
>> has a nice assortment of ducks, including Blue-winged Teals.
>>
>> Linus

>> *Linus Blomqvist*

View/Reply Online (#31969): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31969
-=-=-