Date: 1/13/21 4:54 pm
From: Christopher Hayward <p_t_nymph...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Red-necked Grebe, Devils Slide County Park, 1/13/21
Hi All,
Today I made my annual pilgrimage to try to see the Rock Wrens at Devil's Slide County Park. Two were seen about 75 yards up the trail from the main parking lot, where there is a low wall on the cliff top. On my way back I stopped to scan the ocean from the parking lot and noticed a Red-necked Grebe diving about 100 yards off the rocks. Interesting to note from ebird records, I noted a Red-necked Grebe at this location on 1/28/20 last year and Cedric Duhalde saw two on 1/13/19, so a pretty consistent spot for this species it seems.

Chris Hayward
Half Moon Bay