Date: 1/13/21 3:53 pm
From: Bob Reiling <rreiling2...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Continuing Red-necked Grebe & male Blue-winged Teal
All,
I was one of those capable of quickly responding to Mike Rogers e-mail indicating that the RED NECKED GREBE was now at the Alviso Marina Boat Launch. When I arrived ten minutes later the bird was 100 to 150 yards downstream (Northwest) of the Boat Launch and appeared to be having problems progressing against the incoming tide. Eventually it did do some diving during my short observation period. This would appeared to be a first winter bird (my best reference with respect to cheek and ear makings was the National Geographic field guide). Earlier I had an adult male BLUE-WINGED TEAL in Salt Pond A16 and once again missed the Ruff.
Take care,
Bob Reiling

View/Reply Online (#23464): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23464
-=-=-