Date: 1/13/21 2:24 pm
From: <david.boltz4...>
Subject: [va-bird] Winchester/Frederick County Waterfowl
I stopped by the Rubbermaid Factory pond on Rt. 11 at Apple Valley Road in the Kernstown area, just south of Winchester. A nice showing of waterfowl.

2 Snow Geese
500ish Canada Geese
4 Mallards
15 Ring-necked Ducks
3 N. Shovelers
7 Hooded Mergs
2 Am. Wigeon
6 Gadwall

I couldn't pick out a Cackling Goose, but I didn't have my scope and didn't have much time.

A later stop at Lakeside Lake next to the Bowman Library on Tasker Road was a complete bust, as it was completely frozen. Not even a Canada Goose on the surrounding lawn.

FYI, my home turf of Lake Frederick has been devoid of most waterfowl this season.

Dave Boltz

Sent from my iPhoneYou are subscribed to VA-BIRD. To post to this mailing list, simply send email to va-
<bird...> To unsubscribe, send email to