Date: 1/13/21 1:18 pm
From: 'Candy Pfau' via NFLbirds <nflbirds...>
Subject: [NFLbirds] Pygmy nuthatches
I have these tiny birds in back near my woods at the gate.  They come down to the fence posts to eat where I put a seed mixture. They flock with the chickadees’. More tiny than a brown headed nuthatch.  No black head. Dark grey head, maybe spot of color on back of neck. A flush of palest yellow beige on stomach. So tiny, almost no tail.  Maybe just 4”.  They squeak like a dogs squeaky toy.  There are dozens of them. And they are hungry.  We’ve  been having 38, 42 temperatures even in early daytime.  I can’t get a photo but they are pygmy nuthatch.  I compared them to my National Geographic Field Guide.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad