Date: 1/13/21 12:33 pm
From: Julien McCarthy <jbm...>
Subject: RE: NC Seabirds
Mighty helpful research and truth telling here BUT:

The people in our culture/society have recently revealed astonishing numbers of citizens not only rejecting scientific truths but demonstrating contempt/denial for science itself. Logic, research, data, the scientific method are maligned in favor of emotional knee jerking decisions/actions. This does and will have a profound effect on wildlife preservation programs. I have witnessed intentional destruction of Tern nesting sites at the NC OBX in protest of dune closures.

Perhaps a broad approach to education will turn these people into supporters once they understand the “ truth” .

You are “ doing the right thing”

May the force be with you