Date: 1/13/21 11:43 am
From: Vic Fondy <treasurecreek...>
Subject: [sd-birds] Whitewood and westward
We took a day off from isolation and birded west of Whitewood using back
roads to the Spearfish airport area then north and west to McNenny Fish
Hatchery. Highlights included a 2 Bald Eagles, 3 Rough-legged Hawks, 1
Red-tailed Hawk, a few Crossbills, plus several other common species.
McNenny hatchery grounds are now open for visits M-F 10 AM to 2 PM.
They were previously completely closed. Sightings there included one
Song Sparrow plus Kingfisher, Wilson's Snipe, and Canada Geese.

We still have all of our winter species at our feeders 1.5 miles south
of Whitewood including about 50 Pine Siskins and daily visits from about
25 Evening Grosbeaks.

Vic/Donna Fondy
605.269.2553