Date: 1/13/21 8:59 am
From: Natasha Dehn <nedehn...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Palo Alto feeder birds new in 2021
January has brought regular visits to the suet feeder from a Ruby-crowned kinglet, a single visit by a scrub jay, the occasional female Nuttall’s woodpecker and just yesterday a male Downy woodpecker.

The suet feeder is the fallback feeder for the house finches, chickadees, and (sometimes) the Pine siskins who all generally prefer the seed feeder. For the last week we’ve witnessed courting behavior among the House finches, with females pecking at male beaks and sometimes receiving a seed.

Last week I saw a Ruby-crowned kinglet at the garden on Oak Rd at Stanford. This was a first and I know this area very well over multiple seasons. Are there more Rubies this year?

Best wishes from the SW corner of Palo Alto, just off El Camino,
Natasha

View/Reply Online (#23459): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23459
-=-=-

-=-=-