Date: 1/13/21 4:56 am
From: R Stewart <2cnewbirds...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Raptor Day
On Sunday, 10th I went N from E Dorset. From Rte 4 up rte 30 incl Sawyer
Needham Rd (Harrier) to 22A , N to 125 and Bridge back along 22a to Rte 4,
I tallied 9 RTHA, 1 Kestral (Rte 22a), 12 RLegged HA... 2 lg flocks of
SNBU, 3 of Horned Larks, Redpolls, etc. Not much variety at C Bridge
beyond large raft of Goldeneye. The Rare Bird alert of a Tree Swallow was a
mistake - it was a Tree Sparrow! I couldn't understand at the time why a T
Sparrow would have been flagged.

Back in E. Dorset I have hosted flock of 20-30 Evening Grosbeaks for last
wk - Hurray! and Bluebirds - 3 this a.m.

Ruth Stewart
E. Dorset VT

Join us on Facebook!