Date: 1/12/21 5:26 pm
From: Paul Conover <zoiseaux...>
Subject: Re: [labird] Creole CBC Summary
David, All,

It will be interesting to see if the recovery follows Rita's.

The growing season after Rita the wildflower show in Cameron was
spectacular, and the overall flora was radically different than before.
The unique scent of epazote was everywhere. That mix must have been
sparrow-friendly. I recall that Field Sparrows were incredibly abundant
at East Jetty Woods.

The absence of terrestrial predators allowed a boom in rodents and
rabbits, and hawk and owl numbers skyrocketed for a couple of winters.

As painful as it is to see what's down there now, it will be interesting
to see life return.

Paul Conover