Date: 1/12/21 3:22 pm
From: Daniel Getman <000002b3a133f539-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Eagle Trips and Bradford Farms today

Despite the virus, I’ve recently been able to take some day trips over the last week.

These trips included photographing eagles in Ottumwa, Iowa on the Des Moines River last week and the dam at Canton, MO on the Mississippi River yesterday. There were about a dozen eagles at both places. Always fun!

Today, I had to go to Columbia and was able to fit in a quick trip to Bradford Farms. Highlights there were;
1) The northern shrike, reported by others. This was seen by the small pond just west of the buildings. Thanks to the kind lady who told me it was there!
2) Several northern harriers, including a male I was able to get some photos of, in the fields around the pond. Always a treat, especially a gray male!
3) Lots of red tail hawks along the roads around Bradford Farms - must have been at least 10 and I got a photo of 5.

Photos can be found at;
flickr.com/photos/dgetman/sets

Dan Getman, Kirksville, northeast MO