Date: 1/12/21 2:21 pm
From: <microfauna...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Possible Little Blue Heron on Salt River Water Users Recreation Site.
I felt sure enough about this I posted on ebird. It flew with a fairly rapid
wingbeat, not like a Great Blue. Wingspan was estimated at just over 3 ft.
Grayish blue body and brownish purple neck. About the size of a goose. Landed
in a tree along the Salt River at 33°33'23.1"N 111°32'27.5"W upstream from the
furthermost Water Users Recreation Site parking lot. I tried to get closer for
a good picture but it flew upriver and disappeared before I got to the spot. I
realize this is very unusual but I scoured all the photos I could find on the
web including ones of them in flight. It was the only thing that came close