Date: 1/12/21 10:57 am
From: Steve Shively via groups.io <steve.shively...>
Subject: [labird] Kincaid Lake grebe
I saw the Red-necked Grebe at 1100 hours today, close in to the eastern end of the dam on the periphery of a large loafing group of scads of Ruddy Ducks, a few Buffleheads, several Horned and a few Eared Grebes. From the Messina Road access I walked below the dam to the eastern end then came up and was partially hidden by the trees and Johnson grass. Thanks, Jay! I managed to see Red-throated Loon on a field trip to the Chesapeake Bay many years ago, but missed the Red-necked Grebe.

[Forest Service Shield]
Stephen Shively
Wildlife Biologist
Forest Service
Kisatchie National Forest, Calcasieu Ranger District
p: 318-793-9427
c: 318-880-7822
f: 318-793-9430
<steve.shively...><mailto:<steve.shively...>
9912 Hwy 28 West
Boyce, LA 71409
www.fs.fed.us<https://www.fs.fed.us/>
[USDA Logo]<https://usda.gov/>[Forest Service Twitter]<https://twitter.com/forestservice>[USDA Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/US-Forest-Service/1431984283714112>