Date: 1/12/21 7:49 am
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Sick pine siskins?
Thanks to Suzanne Sullivan for this response.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

Date:  Tue, 12 Jan 2021 07:52:00 -0500
From:  <swampy435...>

I have had several and have stopped feeding them. Platform feeders are
no worse than any other feeder. I have cleaned my thistle feeder because
of poop on it from multiple times. And they also feed on fallen seed on
the ground where they can also come in contact with droppings. It stinks
because I also had an Evening Grosbeak coming, which can also get the
virus/salmonella ( likely). So I just stopped feeding them all together.
First time in 30 years. But it is the right thing to do because they are
in is such close quarters it is helping to spread the disease. I may
resume in a couple of weeks time and see what happens.

Suzanne Sullivan
Wilmington MA
<swampy435...> <mailto:<swampy435...>

Join us on Facebook!