Date: 1/12/21 4:53 am
From: April Campbell <adc14...>
Subject: [birders] Hawk poop
So, I was observing my local female Coop perched on my newly erected screech owl box, when she lifted her tail and emitted a propulsive stream of poo ten feet across the yard! My question is this: are their special muscles in the cloaca that contract to allow such a power poo? What evolutionary purpose might exist for having a fire extinguisher for an anus? I checked a couple of anatomy books, but there no discussion on this topic I guess I should be glad she didn’t dribble all over the box!

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<69AB34CF-64A7-4267-BB38-49036FBEF76F...>