Date: 1/11/21 8:05 pm
From: Charles Patterson <chaspatt...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Sick pine siskins?
I have seen 4 that I know of.  Two were simply found dead and, one was
still alive but immobile when I found it and it died in a few minutes.
A fourth was huddled on my wife's window feeder, finally chased off by a
cardinal and I assume it also died.  Other than obvious dehydration I
could see no other lesions.  I have not seen any sick or dead
Goldfinches which I have some winters.

Charlie Patterson

Norwell, Ma

<chaspatt...>

On 1/11/2021 9:39 PM, Barbara Volkle wrote:
> Thanks to Madeleine Linck for this inquiry.
>
> Barbara Volkle
> Northborough, MA
> <barb620...>
>
> *
>

> From: Madeleine Linck <madeleine.linck...>
> Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 20:07:57 -0500
> Subject: Sick pine siskins?
>

> Has anyone else noticed Siskins looking puffed up and lethargic? I found
> one dead siskin in our yard the other day. Definitely not a window
> strike.
> The eyes looked ok - no sign of conjunctivitis. Bird was intact.
> House Finches look ok.
>
> Madeleine Linck
> Rehoboth, Mass.

Join us on Facebook!