Date: 1/11/21 5:27 pm
From: Ronald- Thorn via groups.io <Tronthorn...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Recent miscellaneous sightings

This morning, Leonie and I noted a male EURASIAN TEAL resting with Green-winged Teal in the salt marsh at the BayfrontPark at the end of Millbrae Avenue.
Yesterday during the large breakers and high tide leaving little beach space for gulls and Sanderlings, we were surprised to see a MASS of Sanderlings on the beach. Counting twice, there were up to ( 900 ) Sanderlings on what little exposedbeach there was at Pomponio State Beach. Late Heerman's Gulls have been passing through with higher numbers thanexpected at this time of the year. ( 84 ) Heerman's Gulls were noted at Pomponio State Beach.
Passing through Half Moon Bay during the week, we noticed many Killdeers coming in from an agricultural field to a rainpond along Highway 1. Between ( 80-90 ) Killdeers were noted. Many coming into the pond were joined by ( 6 ) Wilson'sSnipe.
A Greater White-fronted Goose at Sea Cloud Park in Foster City on January 6 is most likely the one seen at other locationsin Foster City.
Ron ThornLeonie Batkin