Date: 1/11/21 5:06 pm
From: Matt S. <accipiter22...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Anyone here use Swarovski EL 12x50s for bird watching?
Hi All,

I've been thinking of getting a pair of the Swarovski's mentioned in my
post title and was wondering if anyone else lugs them around? I have a
very steady hand and the weight doesn't bother me, so I'm not worried so
much about shake. Right now I use a pair of Nikon Monarch 5 8x42s...I love
them for close to moderate distances, but during warbler season for things
at the tops of old-growth trees I find that they feel a bit underpowered.
I thought about the 10x50s as well, but I don't want to lay out the money
I've saved and come away thinking "still wish I had an extra couple points
of magnification".

Thanks,

Matt S.
Newton, MA