Date: 1/11/21 3:19 pm
From: Bob Reiling <rreiling2...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Continuing Hermit Warbler & Swamp Sparrow
All,
Many thanks to the ladies that got me on my t arget birds this morning. At about 8:40 this morning (1/11) a birder from Oakland first spotted the HERMIT WARBLER in the evergreen off of the corner of the Tennis Court in Lick Mill Park (my third try and a life bird for her). RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH were calling in nearby trees and CEDAR WAXWINGS were in trees on the other side of the Tennis Court. At about 11:20 Stacy from San Jose showed me where the SWAMP SPARROW has been seen (just inside the entrance to Overfelt Garden Park less than 100 feet from where I parked) and repeatedly got me back on the bird as I took photographs. Berry bushes in the park were host to PURPLE FINCHES, PINE SISKENS and AMERICAN ROBINS. Earlier I had made a quick stop at New Chicago Marsh in hopes of seeing the Ruff (looked thru hundreds of Dowitchers but no joy) and was surprised to see a large flock of about 100 SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS in the marsh near the intersection of State and Spreckles in Alviso.
Take care,
Bob Reiling

View/Reply Online (#23449): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23449
-=-=-