Date: 1/11/21 11:31 am
From: Patrick Maloney <maloneypatrick...>
Subject: Re: No sighting - RFI about Doves

Thanks Allen.  He's pretty sure it is not the Eurasian Dove, they are almost common around us in South St. Louis.  Cheers!

On Monday, January 11, 2021, 1:21:53 PM CST, Allen Gathman <agathman...> wrote:

WARNING: This message has originated from an External Source. This may be a phishing expedition that can result in unauthorized access to our IT System. Please use proper judgment and caution when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding to this email.White band across the tail is a field mark for White-winged Dove, but also for Eurasian Collared-Dove.  Both are possible in St Louis, but the latter are much more likely.

-Allen Gathman
Pocahontas (Cape Girardeau County), MO

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 12:16 PM Patrick Maloney <maloneypatrick...> wrote:

WARNING: This message has originated from an External Source. This may be a phishing expedition that can result in unauthorized access to our IT System. Please use proper judgment and caution when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding to this email.Has any one noticed any unusual activity from the winter storm rolling up from Texas?  My brother, who is not a serious birder, asked me about a small group of doves - mostly mourning doves, but several he reported had a white band across the tail.  I lived several years in Tucson and what he reported seeing sounded like a white wing dove but he lives in St. Louis near Francis Park, not the southwest part of the USA.  I live about three blocks away and have seen nothing unusual around me, but I told him I would ask the "pros" if this is even a remote possibility.

ABA Birding Code of Ethics

ABA Birding Code of Ethics