Date: 1/11/21 10:45 am
Subject: Re: 2021 big year?
There are several ways to do a Big Year (State or ABA Area), State Life
Lists, ABA Area Life Lists, etc. One way is to do what Steven, Dave, Ed,
and Jamie and others have done, by posting rarities on eBird, so that other
birders can see what good birds they are seeing, where they have seen them,
etc. That way we know where Jamie has been in 2021, Steven and others were
in 2020, etc.

The other way is to do it undercover, and just go about your bird chasing
without reporting things, so that nobody knows what rare birds you are
seeing or where you are going for your rare birds, and nobody is out there
-- such as eBird reviewers -- to question any rarities that you might see;
this might represent "suspicious activity to me".

Harry LeGrand
Raleigh

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 1:22 PM Jamie Adams <carolinabirds...> wrote:

> Haha, I always go big the first month! The first pelagic is always the
> trend setter for the rest of the year. It helps motivate me when some of
> the birds are NC lifers like the Black-chinned and Evening Grosbeaks. Real
> life responsibility has a way to throw a wrench in the works so we will
> see..
>
> Unfortunately I am not retired so the first couple of weeks coincided with
> annual leaves and things will get back to normal quickly.
>
> For anyone interested, I am keeping my blog up to date.
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://photographicbirdlistomania.blogspot.com__;!!OToaGQ!5gtq0t8TnFqnI7ZubBFXU70bazXVWT-VKt13vLd25tKdeQQngh4YTdG0RVJN0zM2-fo$
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://photographicbirdlistomania.blogspot.com__;!!OToaGQ!8JRmVAsl5SQJ8Kt1-GDUNs4Z9avnSMaQngfiHaDidBQqTQItkUOvi24ktr5vgaiSlj8$>
>

> Jamie
> Wilmington, NC
>
> On Jan 11, 2021, at 12:31 PM, Derb Carter <derbc...> wrote:
>
> It’s only half way through the second week of January 2021, and I noticed
> since I saw him on New Years Day that Jamie Adams has been to Manteo,
> Williamston, Mattamuskeet, Duck, Alligator River, Morehead City, Charlotte,
> Greensboro, Cary, Fort Fisher, and likely some unreported places. Other
> than all being in NC, what do those places have in common? Looks like
> suspicious activity to me.
>
> Derb Carter

Join us on Facebook!