Date: 1/11/21 10:16 am
From: Patrick Maloney <maloneypatrick...>
Subject: No sighting - RFI about Doves

Has any one noticed any unusual activity from the winter storm rolling up from Texas?  My brother, who is not a serious birder, asked me about a small group of doves - mostly mourning doves, but several he reported had a white band across the tail.  I lived several years in Tucson and what he reported seeing sounded like a white wing dove but he lives in St. Louis near Francis Park, not the southwest part of the USA.  I live about three blocks away and have seen nothing unusual around me, but I told him I would ask the "pros" if this is even a remote possibility.