Date: 1/11/21 6:57 am
From: Bob Bowers <bobescribe...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]Heads Up for Catalina Regional Park Pond
External Email

Yesterday afternoon (1/10/21) at 4:30 PM, while my wife and I were birding
at the pond, an individual man (30-40 year old?) with two small dogs, a net
and a 22 caliber rifle came to the opposite side of the pond. He put his
rifle against a tree, and brought one of the small dogs, which had begun
barking to our side, to show the dog that we weren't a threat. He was
reasonably friendly and did not pose any discernible problem to us, sitting
near the blind and smoking, and we shortly left, walking south in the wash
toward the private road. We were about 100 yards from the pond when we
heard three shots fired at the pond area. This is the second time I have
seen him at this birding hot spot, but he was not armed the first time.

Bob and Prudy Bowers
SaddleBrooke, AZ