Date: 1/10/21 1:23 pm
From: Brooke Miller via groups.io <idbirds...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Swamp Sparrow - Palo Alto Baylands - Sun 10-Jan
At 10:16 this morning I saw a/the SWAMP SPARROW from along the trail that parallels the Palo Alto Airport runway, about 50 yds south of the big green bush, about where a white 6 ft tall marker in the marsh, but closer to the trail. This was about 1/2 hour after high tide. On at least one other occasion, in the few years past, I also saw a swamp sparrow here about 1/2 hour after high tide (for whatever it’s worth). There were no rails vocalizing this morning, which seemed odd to me, although I did see one SORA at about the same time the Swamp Sparrow showed itself. When I got back to my car and was finishing my eBird list, I noticed a PEREGRINE FALCON with a duck in its talons, along the falling apart stretch of boards that run parallel to the boardwalk.

Brooke Miller
San Jose

View/Reply Online (#23440): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23440
-=-=-