Date: 1/10/21 11:17 am
From: Frank Vanslager via groups.io <Vanslagerf...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] The Green-tailed Towhee Continues at Calero Creek Trail on 1/10/2021
All:

At about 8:15 I walked out on the trail to just beyond the creek crossing, and started looking out towards the Bee Hives.  In a minute or two I saw the adult Green-tailed Towhee feeding with a flock of Crowned Sparrows.  It kept working closer and I got great, but brief, views of its rufous head with a white throat showing dark mustaches.  Unfortunately, none of my pictures show the white throat.  I think it's mostly that birds have their best distance-viewing at the back of the eye (the center of the eye is for looking at what's just beyond the bill) and the birds are keeping an eye out for us distant predators.  Maybe someone will post on this site a good front view.

Frank Vanslager

View/Reply Online (#23436): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23436
-=-=-

-=-=-