Date: 1/10/21 3:43 am
From: Phil Bugosh <peb729...>
Subject: [birders] Oakland Audubon Society Zoom Meeting/Program Tuesday January 12, 7:00 pm. Everyone is invited
Black Terns. Tuesday, January 12, 2021 with a 7:00 PM start time. The site
will open at 6:30 PM. See the Zoom invitation at the end of this email for
details to log in. Join us for the Oakland Audubon Society's meeting and a
program titled "Black Terns" presented by Erin Rowan. Black Terns are
charismatic birds that breed in marshes of the Great Lakes and are
unfortunately becoming increasingly rare. Now listed as either endangered,
threatened or of “special concern” in all the Great Lakes states, the Black
Tern needs our help. We’ll hear from Erin Rowan, Conservation Associate
with Audubon Great Lakes about how Audubon is leading monitoring and
restoration of marsh birds and colonial waterbirds such as the Black Tern
and why these unique water-loving birds are so important. Then we'll hear
from Ava Landgraf, Research Coordinator with Detroit Audubon, as we dive
into collaborative research happening right here in Michigan which is
helping us better understand Black Terns and what they need to thrive,
including some conservation actions we can take to help conserve them.
Bring your questions (the advantage of attending the live program).
Everyone is invited to attend, you do not have to be a member to
participate.

Upcoming Programs:
Jan. 26 - Nick Haddad - The Last Butterflies
Feb. 9 - Allen Chartier - Peru
Mar. 9 - Pete Blank - Climate Change
Apr. 13 - Robert Petit - Hawks

Please check our Website (http://www.oaklandaudubon.org) and/or Facebook (
http://www.facebook.com/oaklandaudubon) for updates, news, events, past
programs and information about becoming an OAS member. Dues can now be paid
online.

Topic: OAS Program Meeting
Time: Jan 12, 2021 06:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86494840488?pwd=N2dMRjRQNXAyNzVKQUNmekJYd0J0Zz09
Meeting ID: 864 9484 0488
Passcode: 351373

One tap mobile
+13017158592,,86494840488#,,,,,,0#,,351373# US (Washington D.C)
+13126266799,,86494840488#,,,,,,0#,,351373# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)