Date: 1/9/21 9:33 pm
From: Mary and Clive Green <mjandclive...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]SEAZ: Reid Park Summer Tanager
External Email

At about 4:30pm January 9, 2021 I briefly saw a Summer Tanager in a Mesquite
tree just North of the entrance to the Rose Garden. Yellow underparts
leaning towards orange, but that may have been accentuated by the low sun.
No wing bars and a heavy yellow bill carrying a yellow berry or fruit. It
almost immediately flew north into another tree and I could not find it
again. Maybe this is the same bird reported by Gavin Bieber on January 7th.

Also near the Rose Garden entrance was the continuing White-throated
Sparrow, and there were about a dozen Cedar Waxwings near the fruiting
Chinese Pistache tree by the walled enclosure between the two ponds.

Leaving the park along S. Randolf Way there was a Peregrine Falcon on the
very high antenna structure.

Clive Green