Date: 1/9/21 4:55 pm
From: Robert Guth <bobwgfsa...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Sandhill Cranes migrating from northern Indiana
Yesterday I saw 95 Sandhill Cranes flying south at high altitude in western LaGrange County and today Christine Guth saw 16 flying south over Goshen in Elkhart County. This is later and later south migration since it is now January 9. A few years ago I saw migration on January 2 approximately. I realize that many cranes are in Jackson County already, and we expect northbound cranes about February 15 here. We were saying to each other - Why bother?, when will they just stay all winter in southern Michigan? We will see as the years go by. It does get colder in late January.
Bob Guth
Goshen, IN
bobwgfsa using Gmail

Join us on Facebook!