Date: 1/9/21 2:04 pm
From: CK Borg <patch.bird.poacher...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Creepin' at Becks: Ch.2 "The first find - NSHR"
1/9/21

Today brought many new additions to "the list" including great looks at ~25
Common Redpolls at Sewall's Falls and later ~40 Redpolls at the Birch St.
Community Gardens. In between there were Pine Grosbeaks seemingly
everywhere I looked, but most numerous at the South Concord Meadows
Apartments (~30) birds. Although the day yielded many new discoveries for
"the year" efforts to relocate a Northern Shrike I found the previous
evening at the Birch St. Community Gardens proved fruitless. I first
spotted the bird in the early evening immediately before sunfall. Long
enough to spot, identify, and score nice looks, but not early enough to
rally the troops. That happened at around 7:30 AM today... yup you guessed
it... while "Creepin at Becks." Still no sparrow, but fantastic looks at
Beck through the kitchen window. She, Brand, Mark, and I attempted to
relocate the Shrike for several hours, but to no avail. That said, it
appeared to be very similar in plumage as the bird discovered back in
November... so perhaps it's set up for the winter?

Peace,
CK Borg
Concord, NH