Date: 1/9/21 1:44 pm
From: zzedpowers <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] River Road, Huntington Co and Salamonie Lake, Huntington & Wabash Co
So as not to waste the first sunshine of the year, we headed first to River Road, then Salamonie Lake.
River Road was disappointing till nearly the end, when we saw a Northern Mockingbird on the outskirts of Andrews, then two Bald Eagles.
River Road, Huntington Co, Huntington, Indiana, US
Jan 9, 2021 12:55 PM - 1:10 PM
Protocol: Traveling
4.1 mile(s)
Checklist Comments:    31 F, sunny, calm
3 species

Bald Eagle  2
American Crow  4
Northern Mockingbird  1

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S78956605

We took a short walk at Salamonie River State Forest and stopped by the Lost Bridge West Interpretive Center; otherwise, we just drove around.
Salamonie Lake, Wabash, Indiana, US
Jan 9, 2021 1:20 PM - 3:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
15.0 mile(s)
Checklist Comments:    32 F, sunny, calm
17 species

Sandhill Crane  100    Flyover, heard only, so only a guess
Ring-billed Gull  225
Bald Eagle  4
Red-tailed Hawk  2
Red-headed Woodpecker  2