Date: 1/9/21 1:43 pm
From: CK Borg <patch.bird.poacher...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Creepin' at Becks: Ch.1 "The start of it all"
1/8/21

I caught wind of the idea... literally, not figuratively, about a few days
prior to this writing. It began with a friend flaunting Pine Grosbeak
sightings and then photographs proclaiming the start of his big "Concord"
year. The mere idea reeked of stringing. And then the e-bird posts began
to filter in. Images of clay-colored sparrows danced through my head.
This, I thought, was a job for the Patch.Bird.Poacher! And so it should
come as no surprise that shortly thereafter I was "staked out" at Becks
early one morning with great anticipation. And so it begins, I
exclaimed... I need the species! And although I didn't see "it" I did
twitch my first species of this whole affair including a handsome American
Tree Sparrow.

Peace,
CK Borg
Concord, NH