Date: 1/9/21 10:47 am
From: Marlene A Condon <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender marlenecondon for DMARC)
Subject: [va-bird] Re: size of Black-capped Chickadee
Whenever I've had Black-capped Chickadees in my yard, they have always been quite noticeably larger in size than the Carolina, yet I've never seen anyone mention this fact until now. I've always wondered why this feature is not mentioned, as if no one realizes it.  I'd be interested in hearing what people's thoughts are.  Thanks so much, Kenneth, for including that bit of info in your comments here.  Sincerely,Marlene    In a message dated 1/8/2021 2:09:59 PM US Eastern Standard Time, <wuzupdoc12...> writes:
Having lived up in Northern Indiana I seem to remember that the BC had dark black on its wings that highlighted the white more, the cap is not straight but irregular towards the back and the bird is larger/ heavier and the chickADeeDee is a deeper voiced call.
I will take a look at the eBird link
Kenneth A. Lipshy
Www.crisismanagementleadership.com
Www.crisislead.blogspot.com