Date: 1/9/21 10:31 am
From: Andrew Bradshaw <acbradshaw005...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Phainopeplas at Stanford Dish
Hi all,

~10:00am, two Phainopeplas were Perched atop the mistletoe filled oak trees
at the intersection of the main dish trail and the spur trail that goes to
Alpine Road. They were on the east side of the main trail and flew south
toward the smaller dish for a few minutes before the male returned to the
same area near the big dish.

Picture of location attached. Looking east from big dish

Classic male, Glossy black with crest and white wing patches visible in
flight. Presumed female was dark gray. I got pictures of the male but could
not get any of the female. Will share when I get home.

Really fun bird to see in this area!
-Andy
--

Andrew Bradshaw