Date: 1/8/21 6:34 pm
From: Peter Metropulos <pjmetrop...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Bair Island: LESSER YELLOWLEGS & BARROW'S GOLDENEYES
This morning(1/8/21) I took a walk along the Bair Island Trail in Redwood City. Public parking is available at the intersection of Bair I.Rd/ Sea Anchor Dr.In the deep channel there were two BARROW'S GOLDENEYES, an adult male accompanied by a first-winter female. I viewed them at close range from the bridge which crosses from the road to the island. A short distance past the bridge there is a pickleweed(Salicornia) marsh where a group of 10 Greater Yellowlegs were roosting. Among them was a noticeably smaller LESSER YELLOWLEGS.

Peter Metropulos