Date: 1/8/21 4:32 pm
From: Jack Smiley <jackrsmiley...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Barn Owl story on channel 7
My recollection is that I heard that the last reported Barn Owl nesting
site in Michigan was in Monroe County. The account in the Michigan
Breeding Bird Atlas II appears to confirm that as it states that the
breeding record was in either 1982 or 1983.
https://naturecenter.org/Portals/0/MBBA/MBBAIIAccounts/A-E%20MBBAII%20Accounts/BNOW-2020.pdf?ver=2020-04-21-091704-380

I had heard that the nest site was in an old barn which was subsequently
torn down by the DNR, but I never was able to confirm whether that report
was accurate.

Jack Smiley

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<CAJpB0PWGastEQuoLwNafq4NgM2CZhy4-yFfBaKGjePC5dg7Rmg...>