Date: 1/8/21 10:03 am
From: Ryan Maclean via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Snowy owl?
The last update I had heard is that the crowds and photographers viewing
the bird had pushed the bird off of the area it was in and it subsequently
flew further west. Not only were there reports of people getting far too
close to the bird but also trampling extremely sensitive sand dune habitat
that is maintained by Audubon's Coastal Waterbird Alliance every year as
nesting grounds for our endangered shorebird species. It is for these
reasons that reporting the locations of owls has been discouraged on this
listserv and as a staff member of the National Audubon Society I hope that
for the sake of these birds' wellbeing and the conservation of our most
crucial habitats that we respect their privacy and adhere to this
listserv's rules of refraining from posting owl locations on here for the
remainder of the winter.

Thank you,

-Ryan MacLean
Greenwich Audubon Center