Date: 1/8/21 8:03 am
From: 'Penny Swanson' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Great blue heron
Hi, Mag. I can’t tell if the heron is early or late. I have been seeing massive flocks of ducks flying north on the lake, though, and massive rafts for the last week or so. The heron didn’t seem to like having his feet on the cold, metal docks, though, and kept changing feet. I hope they are not going to be in trouble with this cold weather. The kingfisher we had finally left just 2 weeks ago.! Portions of Lake have only been freezing on and off every few days. I think this must’ve very confusing for the birds.
Penny

Sent from my iPhone

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<BBF95ADF-E813-4602-8CD1-F6F8A7F6E319...>