Date: 1/7/21 3:34 pm
From: Dana Bangs <danabangs...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Continuing Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker at Stage Rd.
Howdy All,
After checking the continuing White Wagtail at Santa Cruz, I came north today and went by 1650 Stage Rd. in Pescadero for my third attempt at the Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker.  Third time was a charm as it arrived at the well-drilled eucalyptus almost immediately.  It crossed the road for a bit, then back to its favorite tree and then off beyond the house.  I waited about ten minutes and it came back to the eucalyptus where I finally got some half-decent shots.  Then back beyond the house.  I waited another 20 minutes or so but it didn't reappear. Great bird for the new year.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S78847402

Best
Dana Bangs
Palo Alto