Date: 1/7/21 3:19 pm
From: Meredith McBurney <Meredith.McBurney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Saga of the Barr Banding Station's Red-tailed Hawk

Some of you will remember that I reported, in my Barr Banding Report on
October 8, that we caught a banded young Red-tailed Hawk. There were some
issues with the band number so it took a while for us to the learn that
this bird had been banded in June as a nestling at the Rocky Mountain
Raptor Program in Fort Collins. We have posted the full story, along with
cool photos, on our website at
https://www.birdconservancy.org/saga-of-our-red-tailed-hawk/ It will only
take you a minute or so to read this happy-ending story about positive
interactions between birds and people.

A full report from the banding season coming soon!

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies