Date: 1/7/21 7:56 am
From: Ev Luecke <evluecke...>
Subject: Meadowlark ID help
I photographed the Meadowlark in St. Charles on Church Road, near the Great-Tailed Grackle site on Jan. 2 while looking for the Snowy Owl observed on Jan. 1 - near the first set of railroad tracks.
There was a 8-10 flock feeding near the road. I was thinking maybe someone else observed them on Jan. 1 or 2 as well.

I'd like to know please, could this be a Western Meadowlark? To me the yellow extends behind the bill some. I know its difficult to tell - I didn't hear them call, nor would I know the call/song if I heard it.

There are two almost identical photos on the last row if you don't mind looking:

https://evsphotos.smugmug.com/12272020Great-Tailed-Grackle/

Thanks for your help - be safe.
Ev Luecke
St. Charles, MO.