Date: 1/6/21 3:00 pm
From: Eve Meier <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Sanborn County Park: Main Entrance: Varied Thrush, Pygmy Nuthatches, Pacific Wren
Hi Everyone,

This morning I birded Sanborn County Park. Overall the birding was slow
but I found a *Pacific Wren* towards the pond near Walden West (about
here: 37.238492,
-122.070777). I recognize their warning calls
<https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/119456?<__hstc...>&<__hssc...>&__hsfp=3920260650#<_ga...>,
wait them out, and they often pop out for a look. About 5 *Varied Thrush*
were spotted foraging in the leaf litter below and in some Madrones (37.236314,
-122.068532) near the intersection of the San Andreas and Nature Trails.
And, I found 2 *Pygmy Nuthatches* near the start of the walk-in campground
area (about here: 37.232518, -122.064812).

Happy Birding!
Eve Meier (San Jose)

View/Reply Online (#23404): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23404
-=-=-